After writing 8000 words for 4 assignments in the last 10 days, I have come up with a list of why
blogging is better – and more fun – than studying.
1. Blogging does not require me to rack my brains thinking about how to expand a perfect 200 words answer into 500 words, all because the marker has deemed that 500 words are necessary to answer the question.
2. Blogging does not require an in-depth understanding of the subtle differences in the phrases ‘explain’, ‘describe’, ‘critically analyse’ and ‘discuss’ – and how these subtle differences affect my final grade!
3. Readers of blogs do not have marking schedules.
4. Readers of blogs are looking for entertainment, not mistakes.
5. Readers of blogs do not require a reference list in APA format. Enough said.
6. Readers of blogs do not have deadlines that interfere with my Facebook time, my Stuff time, my TradeMe time and my blogging time.
What’s your vice while studying? Is it blogging, Facebook, clearing out the linen closet or something different entirely?